Thursday, November 7, 2013

Women's Conference at IBEM

This past October, our church had their annual Women’s Conference. I think this might have actually been the first women’s conference that I have ever gone to and I really enjoyed it. Women from all over came to the conference. Not just the women from our church but from other churches in San Pedro to La Romana, Santo Domingo and even Santiago! Our speaker was Damaris Carbaugh and she was not only a good speaker (at least from the Spanish parts that I could make out), she was also a really good singer and did a mini concert for our church the next night. I could see her passion for the work and encouraging others to dive into the Word as well. She spoke to us about God’s grace giving us peace. She also urged us to get into the Word every day and soaking it up. The real thing we should be concerned about is the inner condition of our heart and we can nurture it by growing closer to God and staying in His Word. She spoke from the book of Philippians which happens to be my favorite book in the Bible, even though it is usually very convicting as well. For the small group sessions, I got to enjoy I was able to learn how to make a simple necklace, how to deal with your children from a Biblical manner, how to teach child Bible stories/lessons and make it interesting and doing sign language to Christian songs. 
 
Singing together at the start of the conference
 
Our speaker, Damaris Carbaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment